Although the basics of looking good are simple enough, you can always do more. In order to feel your best, you need to look your best which means devoting reasonable time to personal grooming.
It’s not enough just to style your hair, brush your teeth and shave just before heading out the door. If you want to look great for that job interview or that hot date, then you need to utilise these great grooming hacks that you probably didn’t even know about.
Naturally Remove Earwax
Earwax is often omitted from men’s grooming discussions. As well as feeling and looking gross, a build-up of earwax could cause blockages and pain in your ears. While most swear by cotton buds/Q-tips, medical professionals don’t because they actually push it deeper into your ear.
While professionals can easily treat wax when it gets too thick, it is better to do it yourself with olive oil. Fill a dropper with olive oil at room temperature, lie down on your side and put a few drops in your ears one to two times every week. With the oil’s help, the wax will remove itself in a pain-free and natural way.
Key To An Awesome Shave
If you like to shave regularly in the shower, it is important to take care of your skin properly before you do it. Not only does razor burn and rash look nasty, it feels nasty too. So follow these tips to avoid this when you shave.
- Shower to open up your follicles, soften beard hair, as well as removing dead skin cells and trapped dirt.
- Gently pat your face with a towel and use pre-shave oil, this helps remove more debris and dirt, as well as helping your hairs stand straighter.
- Shave before your skin dries, shaving in the direction your hair points. Shaving against it might get a closer shave, but it can cause ingrown hairs and irritation.
- Afterwards, use a aftershave to moisturise and soothe skin.
- Treat any cuts with Vaseline or a similar lip balm.
Take Your Dental Care To The Next Level
Brush, floss, tongue scrape and then mouthwash rinse is good dental hygiene, right? Wrong. You may be missing a trick, particularly if you find you have bad breath even after following the process mentioned above. This is when you should invest in super floss. What makes it super? It’s thicker than standard dental floss and therefore better for helping clear out wider gaps in your teeth that regular floss can’t. If you notice you have bad breath even after brushing and flossing thoroughly, it may be time to switch to super floss.
Get Rid Of Dark Circles Around Your Eyes
Who actually likes bags under their eyes? Show of hands please. No-one? Good, then we all agree – dark circles around your eyes and bags under them suck! While it is not easy to just wipe them away, there are some easy to implement ways of tackling them.
- Spoons – Place two large-sized metal spoons into your freezer for at least 10 minutes and then position them over your eyes. Puffiness and swelling can be reduced by the cold temperature.
- Used Tea Bags – Although gross sounding, this is a great hack. Store used tea bags in your fridge for at least 20 minutes and then place them over your eyes to reduce bags along with your eye cream.
Longer Lasting Scent
As well as being a great lip balm and soothing treatment for razor cuts, Vaseline is also handy for helping that fresh scent of your cologne stay longer. Simply dab a bit of Vaseline on the areas you normally spray or apply cologne and it will last longer.
They don’t have to be time consuming or particularly expensive, but grooming hacks can help you get the edge to be the best man you can. As well as looking and smelling better, you will feel better too.