Anybody who handles a lot of cash on a regular basis that requires more than the average money clip or wallet to transport, could benefit from a high quality money counting machine that can help to quickly count bills in a much shorter time that doing it manually. There are many different options out there, so finding the right one to suit your needs is very important.
Some can differentiate between different denominations and add values while others can simply add bills, some can detect counterfeit money while others are super speedy. Here, we look at eight of the best money counting machines on the market today.
Money Counting Machines (Our Top Picks)
1. G-Star Technology Money Counter With UV/MG Counterfeit Bill Detection
This machine is capable of working for two hours continually with a counting speed of a thousand bills per minute which is ideal for most needs. It is surprisingly quiet thanks to its magnetic and ultraviolet sensors which minimize the noise level while ensuring greater accuracy and as the bills can be loaded from the rear of the machine and can be fed into the machine in any direction greater convenience is ensured.
This model also features a counterfeit detection function for greater accuracy as well as a more reliable final bill count so there’ll be no more worries about accidentally including a fake note in your total. The machine will stop whenever it detects a counterfeit note, and the simple to read LED display enables the user to read the total amount of bills quickly without having to count by hand.
- BrandGstar Technology
- Weight15 pounds
Counterfeit detection built in
Uses ultraviolet and magnetic sensors for quieter counting and greater accuracy
Bills can be loaded in any direction for convenience
Easy to read LED display
Can only count bills, not denominations
2. G-Star Technology Money Counter With UV/MG Counterfeit Bill Detection
This energy saving device has a power consumption of under 90 W when functioning and under 3 W when idle. Powerful enough to work continuously for up to four hours, it can count at a speed of 1200 bills a minute. It uses magnetic and ultraviolet sensors to enable to system to count quietly with a noise level of under 60 decibels and thanks to its efficiency it can sort precisely and accurately with a counterfeit detection rate of 1/700000.
Super simple to use, this device is accurate and speedy and thanks to the auto self-testing function and easy read display it couldn’t be simpler to use. This model also comes with its own rubber part replacement and cleaning brush free of charge for extra value for money.
- BrandGstar Technology
- Weight15 pounds
Energy saving design
Magnetic and ultraviolet sensors for quiet counting
Counterfeit detection rate of 1/700000
Comes with free cleaning brush and spare part
Automatic self-testing function
Easy to read display
Cannot add denominations, only counts bills
3. Cassida 5520 UV/MG Money Counter with Counterfeit Bill Detection
Capable of counting up to 1300 bills every minute, this model uses magnetic and ultraviolet sensors to ensure speedy and quiet counting. It offers four different counting modes to suit the needs of different users and its infrared detectors are designed to ensure that all bills are accurately counted avoiding errors like half notes, double bills and chains.
With its self-lubricating bearings and self-diagnosing system, this is a low maintenance model which is capable of either counting solely the number of bills or of keeping a running total of the value of all bills entered.
- Weight11.9 pounds
Counts up to 1300 bills a minute
Uses ultraviolet and magnetic sensors for quiet, speedy counting
4 counting modes to eliminate errors
Self-diagnostic system and self-lubricating bearings
This device cannot count any bills which are not completely flat
4. HFS Bill Money Counter with UV & MG Counterfeit
This machine self-diagnoses during start up and is capable of counting in several currencies. It can count up to 900 banknotes a minute and has ultraviolet and magnetic sensors to detect counterfeit notes. Its external display monitor is easy to read and this model comes with a free cleaning brush and replacement belt and wheels for better value for money. It has an automatic start, stop and clearing function but cannot read denominations or add together bill totals.
- Weight10.99 pounds
Can be used with many different currencies
Counts up to 900 bank notes per minute
Uses magnetic and ultraviolet sensors to detect counterfeits
Easy read display monitor
Comes with a free replacement wheels and belt and free cleaning brush
Auto stop/start/clearing functions
Cannot read denominations or add totals
5. Kolibri Money Counter with UV Detection
This money counter can count up to 1000 bills a minute efficiently thanks to its UV detection. It features a straight note path for fewer jams and to save effort and time. It has an auto start/stop and clearing function for greater convenience and the batch mode makes counting denominations of notes easier. This model is also protected by a one year manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind.
- Weight9.9 pounds
Batch mode integrated
Can count up to 1000 bills per minute
Can detect half, double and chain notes
UV detection of counterfeits
1 year manufacturer’s warranty
Cannot detect denominations without user input
6. Money Counter Elite
The Money Counter Elite offers high quality craftsmanship with Infrared, Magnetic and Ultraviolet sensors to ensure a high rate of counterfeit detection of 1/800000. It also operates very quietly at under 60 decibels and features an energy saving mode for better value for money. User friendly, this model has a simple to read LED display and it is powerful enough to work for six hours continuously, counting at a rate of 1200 bills a minute. This bestselling device is accurate, speedy and reliable and can check for chain, broken and half notes for more precise totals.
- Weight13.96 pounds
Checks for broken, half and chain notes
Automatic zero clearing and self checking
Easy to read LED display
Works for up to 6 continuous hours
Counts 1200 bills a minute
Operates at less than 60 dB
Cannot determine between different bill denominations
7. Carnation Bill Counter CR180 with UV and MG Counterfeit Detection
This money counter uses magnetic and ultraviolet counterfeit detection for accuracy and speed and comes protected by a one year free warranty for peace of mind. It can count at a speed of 1000 notes per minute and thanks to its plug and play format it is a very user-friendly design. Capable of detecting counterfeits with ease, this versatile machine can add consecutive batches of notes together and its external display is easy to read. Thanks to its self diagnostic function, this is a low maintenance gadget that couldn’t be simpler to use.
- Weight14 pounds
Ultraviolet and magnetic counterfeit detection function
1 year manufacturer’s warranty
Counts 1000 notes per minute
Plug and play format for user-friendliness
Adds consecutive batches of notes
Easy to red external display
Self-diagnostic function for low maintenance
Cannot handle large stacks of bills
8. Mixed Denomination Bill Counter and Sorter – CARNATION CR1500
This machine offers non-stop counting and bill sorting with any suspect notes being sorted instantly into a separate pocket. Using image recognition, IR, MG and UV technology, this gadget can easily detect counterfeit bills and has a large capacity of up to 500 bills. Capable of counting up to 1100 notes per minute, this model has a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty and is able to count and sort mixed bills by orientation and/or denomination. This machine has advanced printer and PC connectivity too, with software that is easy to upgrade via USB or SD card.
- Weight18.7 pounds
Counts up to 1100 notes a minute
2 year manufacturer’s warranty
Can sort and count mixed bills
Printer and PC connectivity
Upgradeable software by SD card or USB connection
Uses UV, MG, IR and image recognition technology to recognise counterfeits
Suspect notes are instantly sorted into a pocket
Hard to connect to the printer
Things to consider
When buying a money counting machine, there are a number of factors to consider when deciding which is the right model to suit your requirements. Some of the things you need to bear in mind include the following:
- Counting Speed – The speed at which the machine is able to count notes may be relevant depending on your needs. If you have a lot of notes that require counting in as short a space of time as possible, you need to be sure that you choose a machine that is able to count bills at a minimum of 1000 bills per minute to speed up the process. On the other hand, in some cases, the faster the machine can count the greater the error margin, so it means finding a balance between accuracy and speed. If you can afford to lower the speed a little you may find that the machine is a little more precise.
- Capacity – If you have a huge number of notes to count every day, you will need to choose a machine that has a larger capacity. Some machines are only capable of working with stacks of around 50 notes, which will not suit the needs of larger organisations which have large numbers of bills to count each day while others have larger capacities and suit the needs of bigger companies with higher demands.
- Counterfeit detection - UV, magnetic, infra-red – being able to detect counterfeit notes is very important for any company or organisation, and therefore having a reliable method of counterfeit detection built into your chosen money counting machine is essential. Some machines use a combination of different methods including ultraviolet, infrared, magnetic and image recognition to ensure that only genuine bank notes are counted for an accurate total. The best machines are those which uses a combination of all of these reliable methods.
- Noise levels – Although noise levels may not be relevant, in some cases having a quiet environment is helpful and preferable. If you would prefer to keep your noise levels down while you count the day’s takings choosing one of the money counting machines that use magnetic and ultraviolet technology to keep the noise level to less than 60 decibels is essential.
Once you have found the right money counting machine, you’re sure to find that it makes a big difference to counting the daily takings of any company or organisation. Much speedier and more convenient than counting by hand, a high quality money counting machine can free up employee time and can ensure greater accuracy as well as being able to detect counterfeit notes much more easily than trying to do it manually. Any of these eight models would be a good choice for anyone who is looking for a reliable way of counting notes without any additional hassle.