Best Android TV Box
Android TV seeks to provide and organize digital content for your TV. The problem with Android TV is that it usually requires a very expensive Smart TV to run it properly and this is where the Android TV box comes in. The Android TV box augments your existing TV and allows it to take advantage of the full complement of Android TV features. Below we’re going to take a look at the 10 best Android TV boxes on the market today.
Our Top 3 Picks for Best Android TV Box
The first 3 Android TV boxes on our list are those we feel are just a bit better than the others, either because of build quality, features, dependability, price or any combination thereof. They represent our Android TV Box Hall of Fame. Keep in mind these selections reflect the consensus opinion of our product review panel.
● Unique HDMI cable provides true 4K support.
● The Sammix R95 TV box utilizes Samsung’s latest EMMC memory.
● Allows hassle free, high quality play of literally thousands of android games.
● Sammix uses an Amlogic S905X Quad Core A53 CPU.
● Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS allows the playing of a multitude of games and movies.
● Extremely reasonable price point.
- One of the great steals to be found in the current generation of TV tech.
- Enjoy clear, crisp imagery whether you’re gaming or watching HD movies.
- It’s so effective and has such a good reputation that many retailers may be out of stock.
● Ultra-fast S912 64 Bit Core CPU.
● 6.0 Marshmallow OS in this Android TV box.
● Install all of your favorite apps from the play store.
● Setup of this TV box is fast and easy.
● Unlimited streaming available via Netflix, HBO, Hulu apps and more.
● Limited lifetime warranty with customer service callbacks available 7 days a week.
● Full support for a range of HD content and more.
- The media library is automatically updated so you always have access to the latest content.
- Processor is lightning quick so there’s never an issue with image or graphics quality.
- Not the cheapest Android TV Box on the list.
● The T95Z utilizes 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0.
● The Amlogic S912 Octa core CPU is fast and completely stable.
● Razor sharp 4K video is the order of the day and will leave you slack-jawed.
● A mini wireless QWERTY keyboard/mouse is included that provides more convenient control.
● 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.
● Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS more optimal compatibility and quality.
- The T95Z Android TV box makes accessing and playing your favorite digital content a breeze.
- Buffering problems are largely a thing of the past.
- You may find that you need to clear the cache occasionally to keep things running smoothly.
The following Android TV boxes didn’t quite make our Hall of Fame but they didn’t miss by much.
● Connects to any TV that has an HDMI port and turns it the equivalent of an expensive smart TV.
● Instant access to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon video and thousands of games.
● Just plug it in and you’re ready to go.
● Ultra HD 4K capability right out of the box.
● Stream HD video while using less bandwidth than ever.
● Enjoy the high efficiency coding on a greater number of 1080p streams than ever.
- The Skystream Android TV box is a true plug and play system.
- Get instant access to a dizzying array of apps instantly via your cable subscription.
- Don’t expect miracles from this TV box if your WiFi is hit or miss.
● Amlogic S905X chip makes playing the latest games a breeze.
● The GooBang Doo Android Box works with any TV anywhere; just plug and play.
● Robust support for HDR10 and HLG HDR for effortless gaming.
● Dazzling 4K Ultra HD streaming turns your standard TV into a state of the art Smart TV.
● Utilizes the newest 17+1 HDMI cable technology for 60Hz gaming.
● EMMC memory for faster write speed and greater stability.
- Your favorite games will play smooth as silk regardless of the size of your screen.
- The ARM Cortex-A53 CPU provides professional quality image processing.
- The pre-installed Kodi 16.1 can be as much of a distraction as a benefit.
● Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS for greater stability and image quality.
● Advanced decoding treads lightly on your bandwidth while simultaneously improving picture quality and game performance.
● No third party apps are built in leaving the configuration entirely up to you, which some will love.
● Remote and all inclusive QWERTY keyboard included.
● Limited 1 year warranty.
- The mini keyboard/mouse combo is more reliable than those from other manufacturers.
- H.265 video decoding and 2.4GHz WiFi provide real world image quality.
- Since it comes without 3rd party apps installed you’ll have to do some legwork to fit it out.
● Minimalist profile will appeal to anyone who dislikes the clutter on a lot of TV/computer related technology.
● Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS partnered with Amlogic S905X Quad-core processor provides blistering speed.
● Each Leelbox Android TV box comes with a limited 1 year warranty on parts and workmanship.
● 1GB DDR3 RAM with 8GB Flash memory and 2.4GHz wireless connectivity.
- User friendly interface for everything from Netflix to checking your email.
- Customer support is unusually good for this type of product.
- The power cord is not exactly the longest ever provided.
● Sleek appearance isn’t going to look out of place with your decor.
● Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS for smoother streams and higher quality imagery.
● Plays even the most complex games on the largest screens with no image degradation.
● Comes with an array of useful apps pre-installed to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
● Easy to use interface makes searching and selecting effortless.
- Play thousands of different Android titles and stream movies in true HD.
- Plays just about every conceivable type of media from Avi to Rmvb to wmv to flv and mpeg.
- Customer support is not exactly robust if that sort of thing is important to you.
Best Bang For Your Buck
These 2 Android TV boxes have it all: performance, reliability, build quality and price. They’re our Best Bang for your Buck selections.
● Allows you to do everything you normally do with your PC and smart phone through a single box.
● Supports a multitude of languages unlike many Android TV boxes.
● True to life 4K video clarity with H.265 decoding means perfect pictures every time.
● Android 6.0 compatibility with an enormous number of android apps.
● Plug your keyboard and mouse directly into the box for greater convenience.
- Setting up the Edal T95M Android TV box is a breeze.
- Kodi comes pre-installed so you’ll have access to an extraordinary volume of media.
- Customer support is not everything we’d like it to be.
● Sleek 21st century design.
● Quad-core Cortex A7 1.5 GHz chip with Penta Core HD graphics card.
● True ultra HD 4K images will blow you away and raise your gaming to the next level.
● Can be taken with you on vacation and plugged into any TV with an HDMI port.
● 2.4GHz WiFi for smooth streaming of movies, games and more.
● Play your favorites from your USB drive or SD Card.
- Android Marshmallow OS produces smooth stable streaming and playback.
- Take Android TV box along with you wherever you go.
- It would be nice if there were better instructions.
The following are some of the most common questions buyers ask about the Android box.
What is an Android TV Box?
The Android TV box is a device that acts as an intermediary between Android TV content and your TV. It delivers that content to your TV at lightning fast speeds and, thanks to its robust processor and CPU, at levels of clarity you never would have thought possible.
Which is the Best Android TV Box?
Take a look at our 3 Hall of Fame entries at the top of this piece. They are all, in our eyes, excellent examples of what an Android TV box should be.
How Do You Set Up an Android TV Box?
For the most part setting up your Android TV box is no more complicated than plugging and playing. Turn off your TV. Connect the HDMI cable. Turn on the TV. Press ‘input’. Choose your new Android TV box and you’re ready to go.
Can You Use an Android TV Box on any TV?
You can certainly use it on most any TV manufactured in the past few years. But because the TV will need an HDMI port the box won’t be compatible with older TVs.
Can You Use an Android TV Box Anywhere in the World?
Anywhere you can find a TV with the aforementioned HDMI port in a room with a dependable WiFi connection.
Things to Consider When Buying an Android TV Box
Not every Android box is created equal and not all offer the same array of features. Before you go spending your hard earned money on an Android TV box for your home you should consider the following factors:
Internet Connectivity – Your Android TV box won’t be much good if your Internet connection is slow or unreliable. Make sure your Internet connection has the capacity to handle HD video before investing in a device designed to deliver HD to your TV.
Additional Connections – Many users want to be able to connect SD cards, USB sticks, satellite feeds and other devices to their TV via the Android TV box. If you’re one of these folks make sure the Android TV box you have your eyes on has the requisite ports.
Apps – Some folks want their Android TV box to come with pre-installed apps while others like the idea of receiving a ‘clean’ box. If you don’t have the time to install apps make sure the Android TV box you buy has plenty of them pre-installed.
Storage – Most people who buy an Android TV box want the option of recording programs, sporting events, movies and the like. If you are one of these people make sure your Android TV box comes with adequate memory to do this.
The days of suffering through pixelated, blurry or stuttering imagery are history and the days of blissful 4K clarity on movies and games is upon us thanks to the Android TV box.
We hope you found this information about the Android TV box helpful and that it allows you to make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase an Android TV box for your home. And be sure to check back regularly for more informative product review guides.