Best Android TV Box
Android TV seeks to provide and organize digital content for your TV. The problem with Android TV is that it usually requires a very expensive Smart TV to run it properly and this is where the Android TV box comes in. The Android TV box augments your existing TV and allows it to take advantage of the full complement of Android TV features. Below we’re going to take a look at the 10 best Android TV boxes on the market today.
Our Top Picks for Best Android TV Box
If all our tech devices were as easy to install and use as the Sammix R95 Android TV Box, we’d be one happy group of product reviewers. This is really what you want in a device like this. Something that plugs in, takes few minutes to set up and then immediately produces results. Where you were previously settling for half-baked images, you’ll now have crystal clear pictures.
- One of the great steals to be found in the current generation of TV tech.
- Enjoy clear, crisp imagery whether you’re gaming or watching HD movies.
- It’s so effective and has such a good reputation that many retailers may be out of stock.
Kukele 2017 Marshmallow
Although our product reviewers noticed a few outdated links it’s hard to hold that against what is otherwise an outstanding piece of home entertainment kit. By and large performance here is first rate with crystal clear 4K imagery, true HD movies and video game graphics that raised the bar. Tech support is generally excellent which is key for such an expensive box.
- The media library is automatically updated so you always have access to the latest content.
- Processor is lightning quick so there’s never an issue with image or graphics quality.
- Not the cheapest Android TV Box on the list.
Evanpo T95Z Plus
The T95Z Android box ramps up the quality of all your digital media whether movies, games, music and more. While we weren’t crazy about their all-encompassing QWERTY keyboard that’s relatively small potatoes considering how well the box works on a daily basis. The box sports sleek, appealing lines, setup is quick and there are a number of different ports.
- The T95Z Android TV box makes accessing and playing your favorite digital content a breeze.
- Buffering problems are largely a thing of the past.
- You may find that you need to clear the cache occasionally to keep things running smoothly.
The Skystream One Streaming Media Player and Android TV Box will broaden your content horizons to an insane degree. All the usual suspects are in play including ESPN, TNT, Food Network, Netflix, HBO, YouTube and much more. The 4K video is stunning and the HEVC allows for higher quality at lower bandwidths.
- The Skystream Android TV box is a true plug and play system.
- Get instant access to a dizzying array of apps instantly via your cable subscription.
- Don’t expect miracles from this TV box if your WiFi is hit or miss.
GooBang Doo 6.0
The overall impression of the GooBang Doo Android TV Box is a good one. From the impressive 4K picture quality to the head-spinning number of apps that come pre-installed to the lightning fast processor speed that minimizes buffering delays and makes gaming an absolute joy, the GooBang Doo may be the most oddly named great product out there.
- Your favorite games will play smooth as silk regardless of the size of your screen.
- The ARM Cortex-A53 CPU provides professional quality image processing.
- The pre-installed Kodi 16.1 can be as much of a distraction as a benefit.
While there may be some tech novices out there who won’t appreciate having to research, find, download and install the apps they want, others will find that aspect of the Kingbox K1 a big plus because the normal slate of apps is typically a bit uninspiring. The keyboard that comes with this Android TV box is also a step above others, at least as far as performance goes.
- The mini keyboard/mouse combo is more reliable than those from other manufacturers.
- H.265 video decoding and 2.4GHz WiFi provide real world image quality.
- Since it comes without 3rd party apps installed you’ll have to do some legwork to fit it out.
Leelbox Q1 Pro
We love the minimalist design. We love that this Android TV box doesn’t come clogged with apps we’ll never use. We love that the thing is built to pull those streams in faster and play them back clearer than ever and we love the price. All in all the Leelbox would make a welcome addition to your life if you spend any time watching TV, gaming or listening to digital music files.
- User friendly interface for everything from Netflix to checking your email.
- Customer support is unusually good for this type of product.
- The power cord is not exactly the longest ever provided.
Juning Amlogic S805
The Juning Android TV Box earns a spot on our 10 best list because it’s so incredibly easy to set up, it comes with a variety of apps installed that you’ll actually use and because it works as advertised. Throw in the fact that, for about the one time price of a couple of 3D movie tickets, you can turn your living room into a permanent state of the art digital theater.
- Play thousands of different Android titles and stream movies in true HD.
- Plays just about every conceivable type of media from Avi to Rmvb to wmv to flv and mpeg.
- Customer support is not exactly robust if that sort of thing is important to you.
A well-engineered, well-designed and well thought out piece of home entertainment tech that isn’t going to break your bank but will change the way you view movies, games and more. Like the rest of the boxes here it sports Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with 2.4GHz wireless connectivity and a lightning fast processor. There should be no problems setting it up with Google Play already installed.
- Setting up the Edal T95M Android TV box is a breeze.
- Kodi comes pre-installed so you’ll have access to an extraordinary volume of media.
- Customer support is not everything we’d like it to be.
While we’re never fans of less than great customer support, the fact is that for most people this extremely affordable Android TV box won’t provide any problems you’ll need help with. Streaming content is clear as a mountain lake and the graphics on your favorite game so high res you may think you’re playing a different game altogether.
- Android Marshmallow OS produces smooth stable streaming and playback.
- Take Android TV box along with you wherever you go.
- It would be nice if there were better instructions.
The following are some of the most common questions buyers ask about the Android box.
What is an Android TV Box?
The Android TV box is a device that acts as an intermediary between Android TV content and your TV. It delivers that content to your TV at lightning fast speeds and, thanks to its robust processor and CPU, at levels of clarity you never would have thought possible.
Which is the Best Android TV Box?
Take a look at the examples we have listed. They are all, in our eyes, excellent examples of what an Android TV box should be.
How Do You Set Up an Android TV Box?
For the most part setting up your Android TV box is no more complicated than plugging and playing. Turn off your TV. Connect the HDMI cable. Turn on the TV. Press ‘input’. Choose your new Android TV box and you’re ready to go.
Can You Use an Android TV Box on any TV?
You can certainly use it on most any TV manufactured in the past few years. But because the TV will need an HDMI port the box won’t be compatible with older TVs.
Can You Use an Android TV Box Anywhere in the World?
Anywhere you can find a TV with the aforementioned HDMI port in a room with a dependable WiFi connection.
Things to Consider When Buying an Android TV Box
Not every Android box is created equal and not all offer the same array of features. Before you go spending your hard earned money on an Android TV box for your home you should consider the following factors:
Internet Connectivity – Your Android TV box won’t be much good if your Internet connection is slow or unreliable. Make sure your Internet connection has the capacity to handle HD video before investing in a device designed to deliver HD to your TV.
Additional Connections – Many users want to be able to connect SD cards, USB sticks, satellite feeds and other devices to their TV via the Android TV box. If you’re one of these folks make sure the Android TV box you have your eyes on has the requisite ports.
Apps – Some folks want their Android TV box to come with pre-installed apps while others like the idea of receiving a ‘clean’ box. If you don’t have the time to install apps make sure the Android TV box you buy has plenty of them pre-installed.
Storage – Most people who buy an Android TV box want the option of recording programs, sporting events, movies and the like. If you are one of these people make sure your Android TV box comes with adequate memory to do this.
The days of suffering through pixelated, blurry or stuttering imagery are history and the days of blissful 4K clarity on movies and games is upon us thanks to the Android TV box.
We hope you found this information about the Android TV box helpful and that it allows you to make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase an Android TV box for your home. And be sure to check back regularly for more informative product review guides.