Whynter ARC 12S Portable Air Conditioner
Check out our 2017 portable AC review guide here: https://www.gearhungry.com/home/best-portable-air-conditioner/
- A full 12,000 BTUs (one ton) of cooling power.
- High performance dehumidifier removes up to 91 pints of water from the air per day.
- Fully programmable for up to 24 hours.
- Auto-evaporative feature means no pan to empty every couple of hours.
- Cools up to 400 square feet.
If you’re in the mood for some serious cooling this summer you’ll want to consider the Whynter ARC 12S portable air conditioner. 12,000 BTUs of cooling power mean this will stand up to even the most powerful window units on the market and keep your medium sized room cool and comfy even on the most oppressive mid-summer afternoons. As an added benefit the unit is nowhere near as expensive as some of its high powered portable AC competitors.
- 12,000 BTUs – This portable air conditioning unit is a BTU beast able to kick out a full ton of cooling power that will transform your formerly sweltering kitchen or living room into the coolest room in the house. You won’t want to waste this puppy on the laundry room or the library. This unit was built for prime time and delivers on its promises.
- Outstanding dehumidifier – Most portable air conditioners that have a dehumidifier feature will remove something in the neighborhood of 60 – 70 pints of moisture a day from the air. The Whynter ARC 12S however is capable of removing an astonishing 91 pints of water per day from the air which means that no matter how brutal the weather gets outside you’ll be high and dry with the ARC 12S on the job.
- Auto evaporation – With most of the portable air conditioners on the market the moisture they pull from the air during normal operation winds up in a pan you need to empty. If it’s a really damp day you may be emptying that pan every couple of hours. With the ARC 12S auto-evaporative feature there’s no pan to empty so you can have a nice long nap on the sofa in your cool, dry living room without having to get up and empty the pan all the time.
- Noise – You’re not going to get an effective 12,000 BTU air conditioner of any kind, portable or otherwise, that’s quiet as a dormouse. That should be a given. And so if you decide you want to take advantage of the outstanding efficiency and effectiveness of the ARC 12S you’re going to need to accept the noise that goes along with it. It’s not going to drown out the TV but you’ll know it’s running, there’s no doubt about that.