Reasons For Using Electric Scooters
As electric scooters for adults become more and more popular, we’re on hand to tell you everything you need to know about why you should be using them. In recent years, the US has seen a rise of micro-mobility companies such as Citi Bike and Jump Bikes offering commuters a convenient option to get around town.
While you may have come across some negative headlines surrounding electric scooters, from congesting sidewalks to causing injury and everything in between, we’re focusing on the benefits. In this post, we’re detailing why exactly you should consider using an electric scooter as your next mode of transport.
Do Cities And Towns Need Electric Scooters?
In simple terms, yes. Busy towns and cities all over the world are faced with the epidemic of congestion and pollution, which is the result of urbanization that we simply can’t keep up with. As gridlock traffic and hordes of commuters put pressure on public transport systems, it’s time we looked for a suitable solution.
If you’re tired of sitting traffic which adds an additional 30 minutes to your daily commute each day, hopping on an electric scooter could be the perfect solution for you. While you may have previously rolled your eyes at the person gliding past you on an electric scooter, once you give it a go, you might just be converted. After all, they’re a cost-effective and convenient way to get you from A to B quickly.
What Is The Solution?
As 46 per cent of car traffic within the US is a result of cars on trips of less than three miles, it seems a little unnecessary. This is where micro-mobility solutions such as electric scooters could play a part in alleviating the ‘last-mile gridlock’ that is a problem in so many towns and cities. So, rather than holding out and sitting in gridlock or slow-moving traffic for the final mile as you make your way to work, why not park up and travel the last mile on an electric scooter?
But Are Electric Scooters Actually Good For The Town Or City?
While this can be totally dependent on each particular area, most locations are open to the idea of electronic scooters, bikes and other modes of transports that can reduce traffic. Of course, there are some concerns, such as parking and the safety of pedestrians.
Are Electric Scooters Safe?
Although some users have found themselves injured at the hands of an electric scooter, it can sometimes be a fault of their own. To stay safe on your electric scooter, you should check out any safety videos or tutorials before you jump on. Furthermore, to avoid any accidents, you should avoid using your phone while on a scooter, avoid multi-riders at one time and take the time to familiarise yourself before heading out on a busy street.
Why Should I Use An Electric Scooter?
While there might be some limitations to using an electric scooter as a transport method, there is plenty of pros too:
- They’re lightweight and practical – the best electric scooters on the market are lightweight and foldable, so you can pop it in your trunk or under your desk before setting it up in a matter of seconds.
- They’re low maintenance – If you invest in a high-quality scooter, it won’t require much maintenance at all. Even if something goes wrong, replacing parts is inexpensive and straightforward, much simpler than maintaining a car.
- They’re cheap to run – electric scooters offer an incredibly low cost per mile, so, if you’re looking to save some cash, get onboard.
- They’re a green method of transport – While cars, motorcycles and other modes of transports pollute the air, an electric scooter is an environmentally friendly switch.
- They’re fast and fun – If time is something that you’re short of, skimming of the time you spend commuting can make a huge difference. Not only are they fast, but electric scooters are pretty fun too!
While you might just think that electronic scooters are a new fad, we beg to differ. They are an eco-friendly and modern transportation solution that should be adopted by towns and cities. While there are some drawbacks to them, when used correctly, they are a great way to get around.