Our Top 3 Picks for Best Compression Socks
Compression Socks for Men & Women
- Provide needed support and comfort without sacrificing style.
- Double stitched anti-bacterial fabric.
- Rock solid support for the calves, ankles and feet.
- Strategically located stitching avoids places it could cause irritation.
- Perfect for work, long international flight, athletics and more.
- Won’t suffer loss of integrity after washing like some socks.
If you’ve grown concerned by your swollen feet at the end of the shift there’s no reason to panic. Just purchase a pair (better yet several pairs) of these extraordinarily comfortable and effective compression socks from Stamina. They’re thoughtfully designed keeping in mind the specific needs of people who spend long hours sitting or on their feet, as well as the potential pitfalls of wearing a compression stocking every day. As such they bring the pressure where it’s needed but avoid bringing the irritation.
These compression socks from Stamina are extremely comfortable. So much so that you’ll likely forget you’re wearing them. They also stand up well to washing unlike some cheaper competitors. With Stay Put cuffs you don’t have to worry that they’ll wind up around your ankles at the end of the day either.
- A comfortable blend of 80% cotton 9% nylon 6% polyester and 5% lycra.
- “Love at First Sight” money back guarantee.
- True therapeutic relief from swollen legs and feet.
- Seamless toe box relieves friction and prevents corns and blisters.
- Plantar Fasciitis relief through first-rate arch and heel support.
- Easy on, easy off design.
Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks are for more than just long haul flights (although they’re perfect for that as well.) They’re for anyone who sits or stands on their job most of the day and is prone to swollen legs, ankles and feet. Teachers, doctors, waiters, police, writers, office workers and more can now find relief from the scourge of DVT and other conditions related to blood pooling in the lower extremities through the use of this high quality compression stocking.
These socks provide true medical grade compression of the legs, ankles and feet. They’re not simply tight socks masquerading as compression socks like some you’ll find on the market. Wanderlust also provides a unique “Love at First Sight” guarantee whereby if you’re not completely satisfied with their product after the first use, you can petition them for your money back or a replacement pair.
- Stimulates blood flow, increases oxygen circulation in the lower extremities.
- Reduces swelling in the lower legs, ankles and feet.
- Reduces fatigue from long hours of standing or sitting.
- Premium construction from a high quality blend of materials.
- Supremely comfortable and breathable.
- Reduces friction throughout the foot and minimizes blisters and corns.
- Excellent for mitigating the effects of Plantar Fasciitis.
Whether you’re a football player, runner, skier, nurse, doctor, office worker, writer, construction worker or anyone else who spends long hours on their feet or in a chair you’ll want to try these high quality compression socks from SB. SB is a company with a solid reputation for quality and innovation and these compression socks routinely receive glowing reviews from pros and amateur users alike. And for good reason.
They provide medically recommended levels of compression from calf to toe. They’re built with first rate heel and arch support sewn right in for long term comfort. The fabric relieves pressure on joints and aids in over stability of the lower extremities. The fabric is also endowed with anti-odor and anti-static properties for greater comfort and convenience. SB compression socks are available in 4 different sizes so you’re sure to find one that will fit you to a T.
In this section we’re going to take a look at those top 10 compression socks that don’t quite make the Hall of Fame grade but are outstanding products nonetheless.
- Exclusive Vitalsox drystat technology resists the growth of bacteria.
- Graduated compression levels starting at the mid-foot and moving up into the leg.
- Enhanced recovery time from workouts.
- Improved circulation ensures less fatigue.
- Ideal for athletes, office workers, medical professionals and more.
- Made in Italy since 1998.
Vitalsox have been a leader in compression socks for nearly 20 years, long before most people were even aware such a thing existed. That gives them quite a head start on the competition when it comes to knowing what works and what doesn’t. Their exclusive Silver Drystat process infuses their compression socks with antibacterial properties that resist the growth of all manner of fungus and also inhibits the development of odor-causing bacteria. Each pair of Vitalsox is the result of years of testing and refinement and all you need to do is try a pair on to realize how great they are.
Vitalsox create better circulation while providing you with greater stamina and increased vigor. They’re also slightly padded for added comfort which everyone from athletes hitting the pavement to nurses working long hours in the emergency room will appreciate.
- Exclusive Travelsox formula inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungus.
- Graduated pressure from feet to thighs ensures proper blood circulation.
- Enjoy increased performance and faster recovery time from workouts.
- Regardless of your occupation these socks will help relieve swelling of the feet.
- Exclusive inner padding system for increased comfort.
- Professionally tested compression socks.
While Travelsox TSS6000 cost a bit more than other compression socks, we’d be hard pressed to say they aren’t worth the financial stretch. These socks not only look good but they’re as comfortable as it gets and whether you’re wearing athletic shoes, high heels or penny loafers you’ll forget you have them on. You’ll feel more energetic, less lethargic and more like your old self again.
Whether you sit at a computer all day or spend your evenings taking orders and delivering meals in a packed restaurant you’ll feel the difference these excellent compression socks make from day 1. At the end of the day just slide them off and pop them in the laundry and they’re ready to go again with no shrinking or loss of integrity.
- For relief of aching, swollen feet, ankles and legs.
- Graduated pressure stockings increase from foot through calf.
- Enjoy faster recovery after intense workouts.
- Perfect for triathletes, footballers, climbers, waitresses, office workers and more.
- Aid in the prevention of blood clots following surgery.
- Outstanding athletic compression socks.
- Effective and affordable.
If you spend long hours sitting at the computer all day or working on your feet you’ve probably experienced swollen legs, ankles and feet at some point. If it’s become a regular thing you’ll need to do something about it before it develops into edema or deep vein thrombosis, both of which are potentially very serious. This is where compression socks like these from Danish Endurance come in. They’ll help return circulation in your lower extremities to normal which will ward off a slew of serious health conditions like those already mentioned.
Danish Endurance compression socks are guaranteed to be 100% sweat shop free. They’re proudly made in the EU by workers earning a fair wage in shops where they enjoy good working conditions. Most other brands are made in places like China where hours are long, pay is virtually nothing and conditions are often appalling. At the same time though Danish Endurance succeeds in keeping their prices extremely competitive.
- Anatomical design includes seamless toe enclosure for comfortable fit.
- Fabricated using highest quality synthetic fibers.
- Proudly designed and made in the EU.
- Effective at staving off deep vein thrombosis and plantar fasciitis.
- Allows for more effective workouts.
- Prevents blood from pooling in the feet after sitting all day.
- Stylish and affordable
The elastic layers of the ZaTech Plantar Fasciitis compression socks provide a feeling of lift that starts in your arches and projects right up through your calves. The increased circulation you’ll experience from these high quality compression socks will help repair tissue damaged by plantar fasciitis and deliver an enhanced feeling of energy and wellbeing throughout the day.
These compression socks from ZaTech are no short term fix. They’re a long term solution both to the problems of plantar fasciitis and deep vein thrombosis as well as other maladies caused by sitting or standing too long. These super affordable compression socks will also help prevent cramps, achilles tendon strains and blisters.
- A high quality blend of 32% merino wool, 32% stretch nylon, 31% rayon and 5% spandex.
- Graduated compression from foot to calf for greater effectiveness.
- Integrated spandex helps create the perfect contour fit.
- Cushioned sole is light but effective and promotes comfort.
- Excellent arch support with seamless toe enclosure.
- Won’t slide down and bunch up at your ankles.
- Rated for all day, every day use.
Sockwell provides a stylish take on the ordinary compression sock. They’ll not only help you mitigate the effects of spending all day at your desk or on your feet, they’ll allow you to look great in the process. But that’s not to say that these compression socks are all looks. They’re actually some of the most comfortable you’ll find anywhere and they do an admirable job preventing blood from pooling in your ankles and feet and causing a cascade of health problems.
These Sockwell compression socks feature an anti-fatigue weave that prevents the type of weighted down sensation that often comes with swollen feet. You’ll have a ton of energy and be lighter on your feet all day than you’ve been in years.
Best Bang For Your Buck
In our opinion the following compression socks represent the best overall values for your money.
- Doctor recommended 11mmHg compression.
- Fits a wide array of calf sizes and shoe sizes 9-11.
- Fabric blend of 87% nylon, 13% spandex.
- Both stylish and extremely affordable.
- Ultra-comfortable heel pocket and molded toe enclosure.
- Designed with specific needs of nurses in mind.
- A huge assortment of styles and patterns available.
Nurses spend most of their time on their feet tending to patients so it’s not at all uncommon for them to ultimately have problems with swelling in the lower extremities. Because nurses can’t afford to take hours off and put their feet up they need a real world solution that dovetails with the demands of their hectic work environment. Nurses Mate compression socks are designed and fabricated specifically with nurses in mind.
These high quality compression socks allow nurses to stay on their feet without having to worry that they’re undermining their long-term health. But Nurses Mates compression socks are not just for nurses. Anyone who spends most of their waking hours standing or sitting at the computer will benefit from these effective and affordable compression socks. With built in arch support and graduated compression increases from foot to calf, Nurses Mates will help you stay involved in your busy lifestyle.
- For combating DVT, spider veins, varicose veins, edema, plantar fasciitis and more.
- Robust arch, heel, ankle and achilles tendon support.
- Clean, refined look goes with virtually every type of footwear.
- Can be worn all day, every day without worry or side effects.
- Will provide enhanced blood circulation and oxygen.
- 360 degree stretch for better fit and more effective performance.
If you experience DVT, plantar fasciitis, lymphedema, varicose veins or any of a dozen other issues related to poor blood circulation in the lower extremities these Blitzu compression socks will help you put things right again. They’re built using a proprietary weave that ensures the best possible fit and the most effective mitigation of the effects of being sedentary or on your feet all day as a result of your job.
Blitzu compression socks fit like bespoke gloves and they’ll help restore the vim and vigor that is so often sapped when blood pools in the legs, ankles and feet. You’ll feel light on your feet or more energetic and productive at your desk as a result of wearing these amazing compression socks from Blitzu. The combination of incredible affordability and the quality of the compression socks themselves make these Blitzu compression socks for men and women an outstanding value for the money and an easy choice to be one of our “Best Bang for the Buck” favorites.
Below are the most commonly asked questions regarding compression socks.
Do I Need Them? – Do you spend all day sitting in front of a computer at work? Are you a nurse, construction worker, athlete, emergency room doctor or someone else who is on their feet most of the time when they’re at work? Now look down. Are your feet, ankles and/or lower legs swollen? If you answered yes to any of these questions chances are good that you would benefit from wearing high quality compression socks. Even if you don’t answer ‘yes’ to the above questions but you are facing the prospect of a long international flight you can benefit from compression socks for flying. Swollen feet are no laughing matter. They can affect nearly every aspect of your life and lead to serious complications. Compression socks represent the ultimate example of “an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.” Don’t take chances with your health.
When Should You Use Them? – If you work in any of the fields we’ve discussed in this guide you’re better off starting to wear compression socks before problems arise. Why wait until your feet are swollen like balloons and you feel tired and lethargic before taking action? If you’ve just been hired for an office, construction or hospital job make them part of your outfit and rest easy knowing you’re preventing potentially serious health problems.
If you are already experiencing DVT or edema or plantar fasciitis it’s not too late to start wearing compression socks to prevent your condition from getting any worse. While prevention is always the preferred course of action it’s never too late to take positive action in the interest of your long-term health and well-being.
The benefits of compression socks are many and if you’ve previously suffered from swollen feet you’ll notice many of them on day 1. Whereas before you may have experienced a gradual tightening of your shoes as the day wore on that should end. If you previously felt lethargic due to your swollen feet you should now have far more energy. If you’ve previously had tingling in your feet due to swelling that should come to an end as well. The benefits for athletes include faster recovery after long runs, more effective performances regardless of your sport and a greater sense of vitality and alertness as well.
Things to Consider When Buying Compression Socks
Buying compression socks to ward off problems with edema, DVT and more is a wise decision for those who spend long hours sitting or standing. Below we’ve compiled a short list of things you’ll want to consider before buying this type of sock.
The fit – While there are those who advocate taking elaborate measurements of your calf muscles, ankles and feet this is typically overkill. Just keep in mind that most manufacturers produce their socks in 4 or 5 different sizes that coincide with shoes sizes. The most important thing is not to get compression socks that are loose as this will negate the beneficial effects of wearing the socks in the first place. If for some reason you wind up with socks that are too large or too small don’t worry. Simply go up or down in size with your next pair until you find the proper fit.
Get the right level compression – You don’t need to buy super-expensive medical compression socks. If you have swelling, varicose veins, DVT or other conditions just make sure your compression socks are 30-40mmHg. If you need help battling a less severe form of vein dysfunction 20-30mmHg should be sufficient and if you just want support for your legs during the long days at work 15-20mmHg should be enough to do the trick.
Pick a style that dovetails with your wardrobe – There are myriad styles of compression socks out there so there’s no reason to have to wear a pair that clash with your outfit. From bright colors and lively patterns to more classic blacks and browns with minimal patterning there’s something for every taste. Pick up several pairs so you’re never at a loss to have an appropriate pair to wear, regardless of our outfit.
Consider the length – You’ll also want to consider whether you need thigh-highs, knee highs (by far the most popular), stockings/hose that extend to your waist like pants or even footless compression socks. If you’re considering footless socks consult with your doctor first. They may not be appropriate for your particular health condition.
Read lots of reviews – While we would be delighted if you simply took our word on everything we nonetheless understand the value of getting as many viewpoints as possible. So spend some time reading reviews online before making your final decision.
Where can I buy compression socks? – Some websites out there sell what they’re calling compression socks but are actually just average, run of the mill socks that won’t help you. If it seems like the price is just too low (2 pairs for a dollar etc) don’t buy it. Remember these are therapeutic footwear that take time and effort for companies to make. There’s simply no way to offer compression socks for the same price as cheap standard socks. When it comes to where to buy compression socks just be careful.
Compression socks are modern marvels which, for less than you pay for Internet every month, can help stave off potentially life threatening health conditions. To say that they’re a good value is the understatement of the century. Don’t gamble with your health by seeing how long you can endure swollen feet without developing serious problems. If you live and work on your feet or at a desk, do yourself a favor and pick up some of the above featured compression socks. You won’t regret it.