Things To Do On Valentine’s Day
Year after year, it seems only a few chosen couples get to enjoy real romance on Valentine’s Day date. Many singles spend the day on their own hoping next year will be the year they find their own Valentine. However, if you are one of the lucky bachelors with the chance to spend Valentine’s Day with true love, it’s natural to worry about how to celebrate your love on the day. You can look around for suggestions – and they will come from all sides. But in today’s world, there’s no need for grand romantic gestures involving Taylor Swift and abstinence. Instead, you can choose to do your own thing on Valentine’s Day. Here are some suggestions.
Set the Mood
For everything to fall into place, start by setting the mood and booking a room at a spa or luxury hotel. It’s a great way to spend time with your Valentine sweetheart just relaxing. By taking advantage of all the amenities to look at feel good, you can focus all your efforts on showing your love and romancing. If time away isn’t an option, use tea lights and petals to create a romantic scented pathway to an extra special bubble bath.
Try a Long Drive
Driving has always been one of the best ways to spend some quality time with a date. Long drives stuck alone together in a car are strangely fun. To make it even better, for Valentine’s rent a luxury car and take out cruising. Every season the show, The Bachelor, has had a romantic ride around in a fancy vintage motor. Go double whammy with Valentine’s playlist and let the music speak for you as you drive off together into the sunset.
Hit Up a Comedy Club
Having a laugh together is always a great way to reconnect and a bachelor can use this to his advantage on Valentine’s. Find tickets for something funny and start your date with an early dinner somewhere cozy to add intimacy into a fun-filled night.
Enjoy Beer or Wine Tasting
Women find it romantic when their man plans something just for them. If your date enjoys the grape, consider a day sampling the vintages at a winery. It’s interesting and fun and a great way to broaden the palette and meet fellow wine lovers. If a lady prefers beer, it’s a safe time of the year for a beer-loving bachelor to plan a date at a brewery.
Slow Down and Become Tourists
You don’t have to arrange lavish trips or helicopter rides over waterfalls. You can get the same dose of first Valentine’s romance exploring your own city playing tourist. It’s a great opportunity to take a slow lunch or just stroll around holding hands. Slowing things down gives you a new perspective as if you are seeing the city through a new set of eyes.
Something Different to Try
- Be Her Hero With a Scary Movie: Oh yes – you’ve read right. Instead of the traditional feat of endurance sitting through a chick flick, go extreme for a good cuddle showing off your protective streak and cozy up for a scary flick. Make your first Valentine’s movie night extra special with her favorite movie treats and a good bottle of wine.
- Go Cheesy in a Cheese-Making Class: For a maiden Valentine’s Day date making cheese together can be surprisingly romantic. After all, there’s nothing better than getting a little messy together and having a good laugh. It could turn out to be a delicious way to spend Valentine’s day.
- Kick Start Romance in a Kickbox Class: Does this sound too much? It won’t be. Especially if your Valentine enjoys getting physical and likes a challenge. It’s a great way to level up on your endorphins and get sweating together before showering off and heading out for a romantic dinner.
- Karaoke: Lift your mood and secure your bond belting your love out karaoke-style after a few romantic drinks. Shout out your love via the ultimate power ballad and leave her weak at the knees by doing it all looking right at her. Your own private sing-off can be just as much fun if you have a karaoke machine at home.
- Take the Leap: You may have not thought of it before, but being inspired by the Bachelor-world jumping off a tall building has to be on the cards. It proves you would do anything for love. Being prepared to leap tall buildings in one bound and step out of your comfort zone for your date demonstrates your commitment to your relationship.
Leaps are extra relevant this year. It’s a leap year again and it’s traditional for the girls to do the proposing. Guess which day of the year they prefer. You may not get lucky with an offer or marriage this year but with a list of enough Valentine’s dates ideas for several years to come at least, you have a chance to get your next Valentine’s prepared. Whatever you choose to do with your Valentine’s date, if you are with the right girl and make it all about her, it will be a day to remember. Who knows? With so much love and romance are in the air, it could be your last Valentines as a bachelor.